 CAD / 17792
Subject:
2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2011 19:02:29 GMT

Per the LDraw.org Bylaws at http://www.ldraw.org/article/268, Subsection
6.03(a), the 2010/2011 Steering Committee should have called sometimes in
January for the community to nominate individuals as candidates for the
2011/2012 Steering Committee[1]. But ... it's never to late!

Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will only be
recognized if they are in response to this message.

Per ss.6.03(a), you must specify the name of the person you are nominating,
along with your name. Another member of the community must second the nomination
in a reply, and the nominee must publicly accept the nomination in the same
channel (direct reply to the nomination or second) in order to be valid. If the
nominee does not accept, it will be assumed that he or she has declined, and
they will not be placed on the ballot.

Nominations will close at 11:59 PM GMT on 15 July 2011. This means that to
be listed on the ballot, a candidate must have been nominated, seconded and must
have formally stated acceptance by that time.

The Steering Committee hopefully will give sufficient notice of the election and
election procedures per ss.6.03(b).

NOTE: subsection 6.03(b) states that elections should take place before March 1.
Since we are at the beginning of July we'd better commence the election on July
16, but
since it is electronic, it will run for 2 weeks, just as last time. The exact
time and date of start and end will be announced sometime very close to (but
after) 0000 GMT July 16.

Again, thanks to all of you for your commitment to the goals of the
organization, and in working with us this year. Please, stay involved with
LDraw.org and keep it moving forward!

Willy Tschager

--
[1] Try not to confuse the LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) with the LDraw
Standards Committee (LSC). The Steering Committee sets the course for the LDraw

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
[ the subject line is rather misleading ;-]

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will only be
recognized if they are in response to this message.

I would like to nominate Anders Isaksson for the Steering Committee.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Bregnerod Transit Authority - Moving mini-figs:
                        http://lego.sparre-andersen.dk/BTA/

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will only be
recognized if they are in response to this message.

I would like to nominate Don Heyse.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Formula One Racers (with building instructions):
   http://lego.sparre-andersen.dk/Transport/Biler/Formel-1/

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
I Scott Wardlaw, hereby nominate Michael Heidemann.

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
I Scott Wardlaw, hereby nominate Timothy Gould.

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
I Scott Wardlaw, hereby nominate Philippe Hurbain.

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
I Scott Wardlaw, hereby nominate Kevin L. Clague.

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations
I suppose it would be churlish to point out that the subject line probably ought
to be 2011/2012 nominations? :)

Re: 2011/2012 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations