 CAD / 17575
17574  |  17576
Subject:
Lego logo on stud part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:31:14 GMT

Hi everyone,

I've used a number of different programs to convert LDraw/MLCad files into other
3D formats (mainly DXF, OBJ and 3DS). The converters I've used are ldrdat2dxf,
ldrdat2obj and 3DWin.

Is there anyway to convert the stud parts in a model file so that they include
the "Lego" logo on the top of the stud? Is there a special stud file I should
use to achieve this?

I found an old website that mentions a converter that can do this - see Tutorial
step 4 on the following link:
http://www.okino.com/tutorials/lego_import_and_rendering.htm
Does anyone have experience with this converter?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reuben