 CAD / 17337

Subject:
Odd LDView Issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:43:55 GMT

I’m having a strange issue with LDView. See the picture for the display behavior.

I have tracked this down to happening during the following conditions: * There is a rubber belt in the model created with MLCAD’s rubber belt generator. * The belt is in a submodel of an MPD file.

If you look at the submodel, the belts look fine. But in the top level they are all garbled. The really odd bit is that I cannot reproduce this behavior. If I make a model with ONLY a rubber belt in a submodel, it works fine. The belts themselves are made of 4-4cyli primitives, so I don’t see anything odd going on in the files.

The problem is not limited to only one file. I have seen it in at least a dozen files, all of them large models.

Ideas?

Re: Odd LDView Issue
   I’m having a strange issue with LDView. See the picture for the display behavior.

I have tracked this down to happening during the following conditions: * There is a rubber belt in the model created with MLCAD’s rubber belt generator. * The belt is in a submodel of an MPD file.

If you look at the submodel, the belts look fine. But in the top level they are all garbled. The really odd bit is that I cannot reproduce this behavior. If I make a model with ONLY a rubber belt in a submodel, it works fine. The belts themselves are made of 4-4cyli primitives, so I don’t see anything odd going on in the files.

The problem is not limited to only one file. I have seen it in at least a dozen files, all of them large models.

Looks like the transformation matrix for the cylinder primitive maybe got a row zeroed out. Could be a memory issue, or a bad graphics driver. Does it work when you disable primitive substitution? How about on a different PC?

   Ideas?

Re: Odd LDView Issue