 CAD / 16764
16763  |  16765
Subject:
LDraw.org 2009-03 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:15:41 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The 2009-03 LDraw parts update has been now been released.

This update includes 561 files in the core library, including 269 new parts, and
many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A
further 8 parts have been redeveloped by authors who have affirmed the
Contributor Agreement, replacing files that were not redistributable.

Thanks are due to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.
With three parts updates issued during 2009, comprising 771 new parts, we are
now starting to clear the backlog of work.

You can preview the new parts in 2009-03 and download the update by going to
http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates.

The 216 certified files currently on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from
this update in keeping our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or
subparts until they are needed for an official part file. Only a very few were
part files that it makes sense to release as a package of related parts. There
are another 600+ files waiting for admin review, which I will tackle in
preparation for the first release of 2010.

Chris Dee
(LDraw Parts Library Admin)