 CAD / 16748
Re: Open Source CAD Tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 03:16:19 GMT

On 12/18/2009 12:24 PM, Tim Courtney wrote:
Everyone,

Today I ran across an open-source CAD tool on Make.  Has anyone seen this yet?
Is there potential for either 1) extending it to read LDraw files, 2) porting
LDraw files over to this system, or 3) re-skinning the UI to allow people to
build models using standard LDU increments, rotations, etc?

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/12/make_projects_-_easy_3d_models_with.html

Food for thought. :-)

Tim

Neat! I've always wanted to be able to export my POV-Ray models into
different formats. I guess now I can!

I didn't fully read the article. But, it seems mainly to discuss the
z-index extrusion technique. I'm not sure what CSG primitives the
program supports, and whether they are the same as POV-Ray's.

Also, how does the program handle materials and textures?

Michael Horvath
mikh2161@gmail.com
http://isometricland.com