 CAD / 16612
Re: LPub newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:06:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Chris Eyerly wrote:
   Ok, I have n00b question for LPub. I am using a Mac with Bricksmith 2.3. I have the latest LDview installed and LPub 4.0.0.1. I have 2 issues (they might be related.

1. When starting LPub I get this error:

failed to open /Applications/Bricksmith/LDraw/parts.lst: No such file or directory

That is the correct path, and I even made a copy of Bricksmith Parts.plist named parts.lst still getting error.

The parts.lst file should not be under Bricksmith or have anything to do with Bricksmith. It should be in the same LDRAW folder where the parts library is.

Chris is referring to the LDraw folder which is distributed with Bricksmith. You can move it wherever you want, but by default it comes in the same folder as the application. (Having a single distribution dramatically lowers the barrier to entry for new users, from somewhere near “insurmountable” to “it just works.”)

The reason he didn’t find a parts.lst is that Bricksmith has no use for it. LDraw itself doesn’t actually come with a parts.lst, and I don’t bother generating one. It’s a primitive file format that falls short of my needs.

Allen