 CAD / 16000
15999  |  16001
Subject:
LPUB Help - Ghosting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 04:59:59 GMT

Greetings fellow Ldraw laborers,

I've recently started putting together my first set of instructions in LPUB
4.0.0.1.  As I am not one to do anything the easy way, it is a model with over
2000 parts and hundreds of pages of instructions.  I've muddled my way through
and figured out most of it, but a couple of things elude me.

Buffer exchanges seems to work fine.  I can put a part into one step, store it,
then remove the original and put it in a different place in the next step.  This
also works fine in submodels, but then when they come back into the main model
all the hidden parts reappear.  This behavior is common to MLCAD.  In MLCAD, you
solve this by ghosting the parts in the submodel which are then ignored in the
main model.  LPUB recognizes the word "GHOST" as a command, but as far as I can
tell it completely ignores the command.  The ghosted items never show up at all,
either in the sub or main models, indicating they are just being treated as
comments.  What am I doing wrong?  It pains me to be thwarted by something whose
solution is possibly quite simple, so I am exposing my incompetence to all here.
I've repeated the problem using an extremely simple model to confirm that the
problem is not just the size of the project.  Using View mode in MLCAD the steps
work fine, but none of the ghosted items appear in LPUB.  Help!

I'll worry about the other issues I am having after I solve this one.

Eric Albrecht