 CAD / 15815
Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:25:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Question: how does MLCad know this part?

I believe that MLCad scans all files in unofficial directories at startup.
So having a whole bunch of parts in unofficial directories slows down
startup

Indeed, it does!

but allows the directories to be used without having to rescan for parts
every time a new unofficial part is downloaded.

OK, I understand. So the information is not written in any partslist file?

Jaco