 CAD / 15539
Re: Default LPub project settings.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dean Earley wrote:
Is there a way to set any default project/callout/etc settings?

These could then be applied when you first open a file that contains no
other LPUB commands, and so, not breaking any existing files.
The main ones for me are the part list scale, the page dimensions and
the include callout parts in the part list.

Thanks.

I very intentionally made LPub 4 know nothing more than the preferences you set
when you fire it up.  This means that everything else is stored in your LDraw
files, *not* in some defaults database.  The reasoning is that if you try to
give your LDraw file to another person, and their defaults are different than
yours things will look wrong.  I'm equally disinterested in keeping the database
and pushing defaults into your LDraw file.

The source, however, is on sourceforge, so nothing is stopping you from adding
it ;^)

I will add this:

0 !LPUB INCLUDE "defaults.dat"

But I recommend you put a copy of that file in your MPD, because otherwise if
you share your MPD with someone else, they won't have your defaults include
file.

The only search path will be the directory where your ldraw file is located.
Absolute paths will be supported.  I consider this a low priority issue.

I'd much rather spend time on new features that you would otherwise have to use
an external program for, like inserting pictures, text, arrows, and BOM, and
having arrows instead of pointers between callouts and CSIs.

I did manage to debug the xN submodels changes.  I've got GUI to allow you to
decide the font, margins, color.  I'm working on making placement of the xN
indication modifiable by GUI.

I also fixed the ROTSTEP bug you mentioned.

For Philo, I added memory of the last directory you opened an ldraw file from.

I've added meta-command support for inserting cover pages and pages between step
pages, as well as inserting pictures, but I've not got the GUI designed for
that.

So many features, so little time.

I've used your 5990.mpd extensively for testing.

Kevin