 CAD / 15301
Re: Part review coplanarity check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
As a rookie part reviewer, I'd like to check whether I understand the
guidelines for this situation before casting a vote.

The <http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/l3pmsg/#note2 L3P -check guide>
suggests different coplanarity determinant test thresholds for general files
(0.1) and primitives (0.01 or 0.001).

Hello Jim,

L3P coplanarity checks have some problems (they depend on the size of polygon,
some explainations here: http://www.philohome.com/isecalc/planarcheck.htm). So
coplanarity criteria has been updated
(http://www.ldraw.org/Article512.html#coplanar) but guidelines were not. So the
tool to use is Planarcheck.