 CAD / 15234
15233  |  15235
Subject:
LDTrim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 17:45:36 GMT

Here is the latest cryptic little utility to stumble out of my LDraw laboratory.
Basically it just removes redundant characters and justifies fields.

"LDTrim was developed to help pretty-print examples for documentation or
discussion, but it could also be used to reduce file size or to standardize the
format of many models."

http://anoved.net/2008/05/ldtrim.html

There's not much new here for LDDP users, but it could still be useful in some
cases or for enterprising Mac users. I did want to test it as an external
program with LDDP, but I can't quite get it to work under WINE - it seems to run
before the temporary file is created. With polling LDDP should refresh to show
changes to the file, right? I would be glad to make changes necessary to get
that working.

Anyway, the program also works online. For the time being you can play with it
here:

http://anoved.net/cgi-bin/ldtrim

Jim