 CAD / 15231
Re: Cloth ldraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 16:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte wrote:
Hello, specially to mac users

I finally got an Imac24" intel and I love it
allredy made a new wallpaper 1900 x 1200 and I love bricksmith

Hello! I am a Bricksmith fan too.

I have a question is there any ldraw cloth made specially boat sails?

The only cloth or canvas LDraw part I know of is discussed here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=15084&t=i&v=a

It a wagon cover rather than a sail, however.

I suspect a challenge with creating cloth parts is deciding how to shape them
since fabric is flexible. For sails I suppose it would be reasonable to create
them as flat sheets, but that's not necessarily how they might appear in a
model.

please update ldraw

As I understand it they are just waiting for these parts to be rewritten:

http://ldraw.org/Article468.html

I don't really understand the licensing issue behind the rewrites, so I will
leave it to the experts to provide a better explanation.

Jim