 CAD / 14482
Re: Version 530 of my Library is available now.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
Anton Raves wrote:

Version 530 of the Library can be found on my website now, 5 new pieces have
been added. The Reference Gallery has been updated to version 530 too now.

With the kindest of greetings,
  Anton Raves
  http://www.antonraves.nl

Hi Anton,

I have a 'noob' question.

Is this library compatible with LGEO, or is it an 'competitor' to it?

I'm doing some research into the whole LDRaw -> Povray happening for my
animation software, because I need to export to Povray as the final
step. For this goal I'm researching L3P, LGEO and your library to see if
  I can use them in the conversion process (With permission off curse).

Roland

Roland,

I started on my Library way back in 1992, not even having Internet in those days
(just Compuserve) so didn't even know about 'competitors' if you could call it
that. The many different libraries can be used together if you should want so,
keep in mind that I used millimeters (living in the Netherlands made me use
that) and that others have used the LDraw measurement system of 2.5 POV-Ray
units for one millimeter, dividing their coordinates by 2.5 will bring you to
what I have used.

As far as animations go... Take a look at my Animation page at my website for
some things I and others (like James Reynolds) have created. Speaking of James
Reynolds, he's currently working on a series of tutorial videos describing part
of his process! Take a look here:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3477

Met vriendelijke groeten,
  Anton