 CAD / 14201
Re: *** Correction: LDView Version 3.1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:08:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
Travis Cobbs wrote:
My <http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3313 previous post>, apparently
re-announcing LDView 3.1 Beta 1, had an incorrect subject line.  The subject
line should have announced the release of LDView 3.1.  I apologize for the
confusion.

--Travis Cobbs

Hi Travis,

I think I found a bug for you :)

LDView 3.1 wont load a model when it's sub models are (just like the
main file) in a root of a drive, D:\ in my case.

When you move all to a subfolder it works fine. Usually I don't keep
stuff in the root except folders but I was testing something I just
downloaded.

Thanks for the report.  I'll take a look at it.

Also a suggestion: when detecting the LDraw location, you may want to
include the "c:\program files\ldraw" to the checklist, that's where I
(and others who don't like too many folders in c:\) keep LDraw.

I'll think about it.  You only have to specify that once, and I don't want to
have the list of default locations to check grow out of control.  On the other
hand, that is probably a reasonble place to look for and ldraw directory on a
Windows system.

--Travis