 CAD / 13959
Re: Using Blender to animate Ldraw models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:14:04 GMT

Hi Brian,

i have modified Yanns import script to match the blender coordinate system and
scaled the model down by ten or so.

After correcting the face errors esp. in the legs and head meshes i joined the
whole mifi model into one mesh (select all the objects and hit ctrl-j).

creation of vertex groups:
In the Editing menu (F9) in edit mode (TAB) you can create vertex groups (Link
and Materials card) and give them a good name. The same name has to be used for
the bone which will control the movement.

Afterwards you can create the armature and give the bones the same names as the
corresponding vertex groups and make the armature the parent of the mifi object
(ctrl-p) and don't let blender create vertex groups for you cause this will
completely screw up your work.

Also there is this nice tutorial where a gingerbread man gets animated. I have
used this as a staring point for my experiments unfortunately i can't find the
bookmark yet sorry.

Carsten Müller