 CAD / 13347
Re: Lsynth and control points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:44:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
   I have a problem with a moc, no matter how I try to place the control points, the hose make this 7-shaped form instead of a nice ?-shape. The hose is fairly flat in the y direction, so this picture should show the problem:

I’m using Lsynth via LDDP (1.54), and it has worked with an earlier moc. Now, I don’t know the theory behind lsynth, belzier curves and where you’re supposed to place the control points, but I’ve tried to place the control points both in the ends of the curve (directly 10 ldu away from the end-parts), and roughly where I’d suppose the tops of the curves should be, but the result is the same.

Anyone up for a suggestion about how to get it right, and/or an explanation on how to use controlpoints correctly?

I found a similar problem a while back, lsynth seemed to treat those hoses “not as bendy” as they actually are. I emailed kevin and he sent me an update that fixed the problem, I’m not sure if it has been released publically yet, but I’m sure he will see this thread soon :)

ROSCO