 CAD / 13339
13338  |  13340
Subject:
LDD Loading Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:28:27 GMT

LDD is not working for me...it won't load!

After starting the program, the start-up page comes on-screen and indicates that
it is loading parts. It gets to 182 parts and freezes. Checking on system
performance shows LDD to be non-responsive and taking up 98 to 99 percent of the
computer's CPU.

I sent a note to Lego asking for help. After my supplying all requested
information back, Lego responded that I needed to update my graphics drivers as
they weren't DirectX 9 compliant. I went to Compaq (HP) and downloaded their
recommended driver and installed it. The new one is older than the one it
replaced. LDD still performed the same way...locks up at 182 parts.

DirectX diagnostics tests show the graphics drivers to be working fine. All the
other system requirements for LDD appear to be satisfied.

What in the world have I missed? Can anyone help?

Joseph