 CAD / 11462
11461  |  11463
Subject:
DAT2DXF problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 16:17:19 GMT

Hello all,

Dark Ages don’t wait for computer errors; that much I think is well proven. :)

I’m having a few problems with DAT2DXF. Whenever I try to convert an LDR file, it converts a couple thousand lines and then starts giving me errors (usually five times in a row, then works for a while, then another five - for some time) such as the following:

then when it finally completes (apparently sucessfully) and I import it into Bryce 5, I get an error saying “A file error has occurred (i/o, bad media).”

Has anybody ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

I’ve tried installing LDR2DXF but I get errors about not having a .NET Framework. When I try the link provided to download the .NET stuff, it appears that there is no installer for WinXP, so that’s out. I’ve also tried Win3D, but I get errors with that too (missing 3dwinreg.dll, which is apparently never installed).

If anybody can help me out here, know of any good POV/LDR-to-Bryce5-compliant converters, or have the time, patience and willingness to show me what I’m doing wrong with my POV file causing me to have to turn to other rendering programs, I would really, really appreciate it! :)

You know my motto: “I don’t need help; I need a personal assistant.” ;)

Thanks in advance, -Mike