 CAD / 11195
Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:41:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
The ~ tells mklist to ignore this part.

Yes, that's one of the uses for the "~Moved to..." statement.

Just ignore the line, the following line type 1 will automatically redirect you to the new part.

Ignoring is not an option. There just has to be a way automatically replace
references to renamed files, especially considered the enormous rate of
renaming/renumbering official part. My method worked until this problem popped
up.

There is: use the file referenced by the type 1 line in the MovedTo file.

Sorry, I'm a little bit slow. Exactly how am I supposed to do that with
973p11.dat? And then make this a generic routine for a utility to handle
automatically?

I had a look at 973p11.dat and I see what you mean.  I'm not sure.

Btw, doesn't MLCad also have a feature to replace references to moved files? I
don't use MLCad, but doesn't multiple movedto argument mess things up for MLCad,
too?

Yes, MLCad messes this up as well.  The problem is that you're using the 0
~MovedTo comment as a reference instead of the type 1 line in the file.  0
~MovedTo is a comment and not a META command and shouldn't be treated as such.

-Orion

My opinion is that neither MLCad nor MovedTo.exe messes anything up. I think
it's the multiple MovedTo arguments that messes everything up, and the change of
its usage, be it just a comment or not. And not to mention to have rendering
code in a MovedTo file! It should be illegal. :)

The rendering code is very neccessary.  Not all LDraw programs automatically
detect the fact the a file ahas been moved.  If there were no rending code the
the model could potentially have missing pieces.

-Orion