 CAD / 11139
Re: Newbie L3PAO/POV-RAY Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 04:46:42 GMT

   I tried installing a new copy of L3PAO and that didn’t change anything.

I tried installing a new copy of POV-RAY and that made the error message go away, but it didn’t work right because it complained about an ‘A’ argument in the command line to run POV-RAY. The only version of POV-RAY I could find was v3.5 which seems to be later than the one included in the all-in-one installer.

The all-in-one installer will install BOTH POV-Ray 3.1g and 3.5 if you select custom install and choose to install MEGAPOV (it will also install POV-Ray 3.1g.) Likewsie you can find POV-Ray 3.1g here:

ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Old-Versions/

   Don’t woory about this error. I’ve tried to fix this problem myself to no avail. POV-Ray and L3PAO don’t seem to get along. Anyway, L3PAO works just fine as you said and all you need to do is open the file L3P creates is to double click the file you want to open.

-Orion

L3PAO DOES NOT recognize POV-Ray 3.5 ONLY 3.1g. All this means is that L3PAO can not auto-render the converted files if you only have POV 3.5. But like Orion stated you can always render the file in POV 3.5 if you open it up from within POV.

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk