 CAD / 10203
Re: Lego Digital Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:37:39 GMT

I'm glad to see that they finally released a public beta.  I am disappointed
that the program requires an internet connection to download the pieces and then
deletes them when you exit.  I wanted to see the new LXF format.  Also, I lothe
programs that force full screen mode.  There's also the usual gripe about exe
vs. zip installation, but I'll never win that one.

The program doesn't delete the pieces when you exit. Whichever way you install
they end up in Program Files/LEGO Software/LEGO Digital Designer/database/bricks
(if you install to the default path). The web installer just downloads exactly
what you need, the full installer includes all possible Windows updates that
might need to be installed.

I loathe the full screen mode as well, but you can change resolution by editing
the lego.conf file in the root of the installation. Look at the end of the
documentation (in the start menu group) for information on other settings in
that file.

--
Marc