 Boats / 18
Re: Lower away!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:25:57 GMT

Erin Windross (dwindross@pacificcoast.net) wrote:
I was just wondering if it would be possible to make the davits that hold up
the lifeboats on my ship lower and raise the lifeboats by themselves? If so,
what would I need to do and buy?

I would make the davits from a "4262 Technic Plate 1 x 6
with Holes" ('!'), two "4263 Technic Plate 1 x 4 with Holes"
('/', '-'), and two "4274 Technic Pin 1/2" ('o') each:

    o--
   /
  !
  !

Hinge them with a "3673 Technic Pin" at the bottom, and run
wire with hooks through the outer upper holes.

If you place two syncronised winches just above the upper
level of the davits, they should bend out first:

  ___o
      \

and then let the hooks (and the boat) go down.

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --