 Announcements / MOCPages™ / 13
12  |  14
Subject:
MOCpages reviews and rating are back online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.mocpages
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:25:40 GMT

Hi, everybody:

Well, as many of you have noticed, reviewing and rating was "temporarily
disabled" on MOCpages.  Well, I'm happy to announce that they've been
re-enabled.

MOCpages keeps track of who is reviewing what and when and where... it's not
very computationally intensive until you multiply it over the thousands and
thousands of visitors that come everyday.  It was causing the database to lock
up and crash... and since we share our web server with other web sites, our data
center threatened to shut down MOCpages unless we fixed it.

I spent the past few weeks working with a professional DBA and making
optimizations.  Hopefully everything will be OK for a long time now.  (Crossing
my fingers.)

Send me a message if you notice anything weird.

Sean
MOCpages Administrator
http://www.mocpages.com