 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3051
3050  |  3052
Subject:
Another day, another desk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:01:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello!

On October 23rd 1805 - that’s today 200 years ago - the Austrian writer Adalbert Stifter was born. His novels are broadly considered boring, but at least he is the author of the book “Bunte Steine” (Colourful Stones) which title can - in German more than in the English translation - be considered a label on our hobby. The colourful stones are, of course, not LEGO bricks but rock crystall, iron pyrites and other minerals. That’s just the background for this picture:

Click me, I’m a link!

When I built the chair I realised how rare green 1×2 tiles are. So rare in fact that I had one to substitute by two 1×2 tiles. The desk was actually done by rote. Chairs, however, that fit to minifigs are still a challenge. They almost ever are slighty too big, though.

Bye
Jojo