 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2135
2134  |  2136
Subject:
Santa Maria della Salute in Venice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:52:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

at the 1000steine-Land last weekend in Berlin I was happy to show my latest addition to Venice. The basilica Santa Maria della Salute, a barock “church” was build from 1631 by Baldassare Longhena in gratitude for the end of the plague. (Salute = health)

The real one took more then 50 years to build, my minifig LEGO model took only 3 months and tons of white bricks to build:

The whole building covers 5 x 2.5 baseplates with 32x32 studs. The whole church is build modular, the main portal can be removed to reach the illumination swiches and the portabal CD player which plays of cours Vivaldi’s classical music (The Four Seasons).

The dome, the lower and upper octangonal structure of the main part, the second dome, the rounded part, the rear building and the the two towers with the clocks and bells does complete the whole.

Some inspiration came form websites like this one and some out ouf books about Venice.

I will upload some more pics soon, I hope you enjoy what is allready online?! All pics could be found at my brickshelf gallery.

And don’t miss other pictures of my extended Venice scene form 1000steine-Land.

Regards form Germany,

Holger -HoMa- Matthes