 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 77
    All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Eric Sophie
   So here's a story about two Mech builders living on opposite coasts with like minds and how Q came to visit. I "played" with Lego ever since I was a kid. I first started building Robots/Mechs as a serious endevour when I was around 18 years old. It (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic) !!

        Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Selçuk Göre
     Hi Eric, very nice story..:-) Eric Sophie wrote: <snip> (...) But you are, and of course you can, to the full extent (and you already know it). I never like the concept of mecha much, but as soon as I saw your mantis when you first posted about it (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Eric Sophie
     Those are totally nice things to say thank you. The idea that Lego can be used to create these sorts of designs seems to be endless. C-ya Eric (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Jay Jacinto
     In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Eric Sophie writes: <Big Snip> (...) Man that was a great story! This is the sort thing that inspires me to build just to see what I create. Do you ever build without a plan? It seems as though you're very methodical (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Eric Sophie
     Ahhh Jay now you know why it was a good day before, I did'nt want to say anything premature. I'm glad you read the story, it is very important to me and it's real stuff you know...thanks. I do take a long time to build....I'm trying to change that. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Jesse Alan Long
     (...) The only response that I can say to you is I am completely shocked at how well you build mecha. Your Mantis and another large, six legged mecha must have taken 25,000 pieces to build separately. How many were used in your smaller mecha and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Eric Sophie
     Jessie, I never counted the pcs. But your first guess is what I ussually tell people. Around 25K for the Mantis, I really don't know how many pcs....it would drive me insane! hahaha Thanks for the compliments, I used to make space craft. I hope to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Jesse Alan Long
     (...) I was not joking with you about building space craft. You really contribute a great amount of detail to your mecha and you could also contribute an even greater amount of detail to space craft. There is a note that I must tell you, Eric. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

         Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Eric Sophie
     (...) Ooops, I did'nt realize I did that! I understand, often people mispell my name and it drives me crazy, of course nothing like the trouble you go thru! I got it now it's "Jesse" !!! (...) I think what I was trying to say was that some of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

        All your Yellow Pod fins ... everywhere? —Amy Hughes
     In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie writes: [ whatever ] Since nobody objected to the last excessive cross-post, it happened again. From the terms of use agreement... (...) many newsreader software programs ... like the web interface. The yellow pod (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.terms)

        Re: All your Yellow Pod fins belong to us - Q visits the Legomaster —Glenn Holmer
   Eric Sophie wrote: > a very cool story Thanks, Eric, for sharing that with us. I can't even believe what your "beings" look like compared to the utilitarian structures that I have built only to test my skills as a programmer. My only complaint would (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)