 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 123
122  |  124
Subject:
PDF Instructions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:42:40 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I have great news!  By special arrangement, LEGO has made PDF versions
of building instructions available through Brickshelf.com.  Initially,
this includes all pdf instructions through 2000, and we hope to
receive newer instructions at appropriate times in the future.
These are mostly vector based for perfect scaling, and of course without
scanning artifacts.  The existing scans will not be affected by these
new files, and we will continue to accept new scan submissions.  If you
would like to submit any instruction or catalog scans, send them as
email attachments to submit@brickshelf.com.

Another major development, is the conversion of the Instruction Library
to use the Brickshelf Gallery software.  This means there is now a database
backend to enable searching and other features.  It also allows for remote
maintenance of files in the Library.  A special thanks goes out to Dan Boger for
helping with the transition.  Dan is also working on exporting images from the
PDF files to use for browsing.

To search the Brickshelf Library, visit the home page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/

On that page there are also links to recent updates and random folders.

KL