 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 108
107  |  109
Subject:
Gallery cookies fixed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:02:45 GMT

I just shortened the length of the cookie Brickshelf was using to keep
login state.  This fixed the problem for at least one user.  If anyone
else was having problems staying logged in (immediately after login),
try it again now.  Let me know if it works!

The length was 64 characters (for the attribute value) plus
the normal length for expirateion/destination etc.  The token length
is now around 15 characters.  Even though the old method was tested
on virtually every browser and platform, I suspect some proxy servers/
transparent caches had problems with the longer cookies.  Interestingly,
the old system worked fine through Squid, the open source proxy on which
many other products are based.  If anyone knows which proxy/caches
@home used, I'd like to know :)

KL