 Announcements / BrickMedia™ / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Update from Bricks Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickmedia
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:08:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

We need to let all of you excited LEGO enthusiasts out there know about the
current status of Bricks Magazine.

At the beginning of April, we had hoped to deliver our free preview issue to
all of the folks who signed up for it via this web site. However, some
factors beyond our control unfortunately impacted this schedule.

When we originally announced Bricks Magazine, we had every reason to believe
the the release would occur as scheduled. We had adequate lead time and
plenty of preparation. Unfortunately, unforseen obstacles got in our way.

Several complex factors outside of our control have prevented the timely
release of Bricks Magazine. This includes business concerns which we can't
discuss publicly, as well as prior commitments on the part of Bricks
Magazine's editors which have to take precedence. We're posting this to let
the community know we are totally committed to the idea of Bricks, and it
was not our desire in the least to see the schedule delayed. Please accept
our apologies for that, and be assured we are working hard to release the
magazine as soon as possible.

We are very excited about the prospect of Bricks Magazine, and we're glad
you are too. Since our announcement, we've received an outpouring of mails
with offers for help, ideas, and well wishers writing in. This community
spirit encourages us. We hope to be able to use Bricks Magazine to give
value back to the community in ways never before seen in this hobby.

Please bear with us as the release is delayed. We understand you are anxious
to get your hands on the first issue, and we are anxious to produce it and
get it out to you. We're convinced Bricks will be a top-notch publication
which will put the spotlight where it belongs - on hardcore LEGO fans like
yourself.

We have composed this message to show both our devotion to the work we are
facing, and willing to do, to produce Bricks Magazine. We also felt the need
to honor all of the LEGO enthusiasts out there anxious to have Bricks in
their hands. We sincerely hope that your excitement about Bricks Magazine
will not be dulled by these impacts on our estimated schedule...we are
committed to producing the best possible magazine for your enjoyment.

We didn't announce this until now for a few reasons. First, our original
estimated delay was only a month. We placed a message on our web site, and
believed that would be sufficient. Now that it has delayed longer, we feel
it's important to post to a few large LEGO web sites on the issue. Second,
we really wanted to send this out as an email to our paid subscribers before
posting it, along with some more preview material. Some database issues have
prevented us from doing that easily, BUT those issues are being resolved as
we speak. Third, we were hoping to compile some more preview material to
post with this, but other aspects of getting Bricks Magazine ready for
publication have to take precedence.

At the moment, content is starting to come in for the first full issue. We
expect that issue to be available mid-summer, and the preview to be
available before that. Thanks to all of you who have been working with us to
deliver the first fan-created LEGO magazine! (you know who you are) :-)

We will make further updates available via posting to various LEGO fan sites
and to our website as events warrant. If you have questions, please don't
hesitate to send an email to customerservice@bricksmagazine.com.

-Tim

--
Tim Courtney