 Announcements / 966
965  |  967
Subject:
Town contest voting temporarily closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:10:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

We have another "spike" problem, this time even more blatant, on Ahui
Herrera's A&M Train Station. Between last night and this morning, more than
30 votes were cast for this model (out of less than 40 total cast) in all
the special categories. Perhaps someone is trying to make a point, or
sabotage the contest, (and it could be anyone, I'm not even pointing the
finger at Ahui here) but it is now obvious that using the honor system just
isn't going to work, nor is this particular voting engine.

Thanks to Mark, Shane and Ryan for alerting me to this (and keeping track of
vote counts).

I'm disappointed...no, I'm downright ^&%$^& angry that this is happening.

I need to think about the best way to handle the voting so no-one can cheat.
It will be simple and it will limit the people who can vote - I'll post
again as soon as I have it sorted out, and we'll start over.

Sorry to everyone who must be as disappointed as I am with what's happening,
it's very sad that even in the Lego community we have our share of #^%&$'s.

Kevin
(having a hard time keeping my language family-friendly at this point)
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/
The Guild of Bricksmiths: http://www.bricksmiths.com