 Announcements / 653
652  |  654
Subject:
L3DView v0.5 view LDraw models in real-time 3D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:24:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have written a program called L3DView which allows you to view LDraw
models in real-time 3D via OpenGL.  The program is available from:

http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~tcobbs/L3DView/

It supports both .DAT and .MPD files.  You will need a 3D-accelerated video
card with OpenGL acceleration to get reasonable frame rates.  I would
suggest opening a small model first to get a feel for the speed you can
expect.  It has currently only been tested with nVidia-based video cards
(TNT, TNT2 M64, TNT2 Ultra, GeForce2 GTS have all been used), so I do not
know how well it will work with other video cards.  I do not have access to
other video cards at the moment, so I have no way to test them myself.

Let me know what you think, as well as any problems you may have.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)
(Remove .REMOVE from address to send me e-mail.)