 Announcements / 600
599  |  601
Subject:
East Coast Brickfest...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:09:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

...The Brickfest web page is up now and has information on the East Coast Brickfest!
(http://brickfest.com/).

...The site includes on-line registration, directions and hotel information. Make sure you
register so we have some ideas what to plan for (and so we can snag more rooms if we need
them).

...If you are bringing an NFOL, or if you have extra space in your room or are looking to
go in with someone on a room, send an email to info@wildlink.com. We will try to link up
people before the event if we can.

...We checked the site out yesterday and its great. We have 3 good sized rooms all to
ourselves plus lots of open 'public space' room (even tho there likely will be no 'public'
around anyway), including a great hardfloor hallway that will be perfect for mindstorms
stuff. We may be able to get more if we need it. We are trying to get ethernet plugs in
each room for live Brickfest feeds.

...The rooms all have tables and chairs galore that we can use or move as we need it, so
there will be room for displays (these are standard like tables, maybe 30"x60"?).

...The hotel is a bit farther from the campus than planned (and unfortunately is the
closest thing :-/ So be prepared to walk lots or to drive. We will try to coordinate
carpools back and forth to make it easier (its maybe 1.5 miles?). But good news, parking
is free saturday and sunday, and for people who will be there on friday there are some
good meters very close (like .25 /hr up to 12 hrs, and they shut off at 6pm).

...There's a big grocery store on the same block as the site, vending machines in an
adjacent room, a pizza place across the street, donuts within a block and food places all
over the surrounding area (including some promising looking pubs).

...The fest rooms are open from 9am to 11pm saturday and sunday (with 24 hr security for
the rest of the time). Luckily though, there is an IHOP just a block and a half up the
road, so we should do a big breakfast meeting saturday morning! :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com