 Announcements / 4164
4163  |  4165
Subject:
Attempting to replace LUGNET server(s) (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:12:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dear LUGNET Community,

as you may or may not have noticed we have had a few issues with out main LUGNET
server recently.

During the last outage we tried to move everything over to new hardware but
failed due to architectural incompatibilities of the new Linux setup.

We have now set up two new machines with a different setup and will be trying to
move things over again during the next couple of days.

This means you will intermittently find yourself only able to read but not post
messages or other information here. I will announce once we are confident that
the new setup works and no further interruptions of service are to be expected.

Other than that, if you find you can post or update data here, please rest
assured that your changes will be preserved and continue to be copied over to
the target environment(s) - we have got a constant sync in place to minimize if
not eliminate the risk of losing any data in the process.

If you see strange behavior of some pages or notice emails to LUGNET bouncing
back to you, this will be caused by the move effort - it will normally not be
necessary to flag every such issue to us. If we need wider support from the
community to test the new setup, it will be announced in this thread and on the
LUGNET front page.

Thank you for your patience and support,

Kind regards,
Jerry