 Announcements / 4024
4023  |  4025
Subject:
New LDraw Tool for Parts author: SlicerPro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:34:02 GMT

SlicerPro is not a professional version of some Slicer tool, but a much improved version of my older Projector tool! Not only does it project flat patterns onto 3D shapes, it also slices the pattern along the edges of the former, making pattern generation much easier. Among other improvements:
  • Work in all three X, Y, Z directions
  • Support for subpart inlining
  • Vertices unification, allowing to close tiny gaps caused by rounding errors.
Program, documentation, source code are available here.

Philo

Visit the new LDraw section of my website!