 Announcements / 4005
4004  |  4006
Subject:
AFOL Interview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:38:41 GMT

I'm posting this on behalf of one of the members in my LUG.  You can send her
your responses directly if you like; her email is her
firstname.lastname@gmail.com .  Or, you can send them to me, and I'll pass the
word along.

Thanks,
Jordan Schwarz

--

AFOL  Interview

I am writing an academic conference paper about the AFOL community.  The paper
will be presented at the October 2009 meeting of the Popular Culture Association
in the South at Wilmington, NC. As an active AFOL, I’m eager to give the
academic community an introduction to our world! Please help me by answering the
following questions; I will not use your name or contact information in the
paper. If you’d like to read the presentation version of the paper, I will be
happy to email it to you when it is finished. Just let me know!

Thanks very much,

Jennifer C. Garlen, Tennessee Valley LEGO Train Club

QUESTIONS

1.       How long have you been active as an adult fan of LEGO?

2.       What themes/product lines do you most enjoy?

3.       In very general terms, please describe your professional background
(i.e. engineering, business, education).

4.       In your opinion, what factors distinguish the AFOL community from
children who play with LEGO?

5.       Choose three words to describe yourself overall.

6.       What is the coolest/most interesting  MOC that you have ever built?

7.       Why do you think LEGO has such an active and devoted adult fan base?

Is there anything else you think I should know for the purposes of this paper?
Feel free to provide additional comments!