 Announcements / 3955
3954  |  3956
Subject:
MLCAD ColorManager 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 15:27:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I have greatly improved the features and functionality of ColorManager, and I now think it is suitable for use by everyone who uses MLCAD.

Color Manager has two main features:

1) After choosing a color from the list, ColorManager can filter (reduce) your parts list to only those pieces that are available for sale (from Bricklink) in the color that you choose. This allows you to use rare colors in your model and have some confidence that the parts you use will be available for sale.

2) ColorManager can also update the pallet of colors inside MLCAD in one of two ways: a) Convert the colors from LDConfig.ldr, but keep the names that MLCAD uses. This will prevent MLCAD from writing code to your model that is not necessary. b) Convert the colors from LDConfig.ldr using the names in the file, which are nearly identical to the BrickLink names.

If you tried it before, please try it again. It packs all new features that make it much more user-friendly:

automatically running MLCAD afterward

detection of MLCAD running before action taken

improved proxy server handling

improved speed of parts filtering

customizable maximum file age before update

feedback text on what the program is working on

conversion of LDconfig.ldr to MLCAD.cfg

conversion includes ability to handle custom edge colors

Please take a look at the download page: http://www.scottwardlaw.com/colormanager

Thanks, Scott W.