 Announcements / 3887
Subject:
SCLTC winter show in progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:52:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The seventh annual Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) winter show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRRM) in Balboa Park in San Diego is now entering its final weeks.

This year’s show features a city with skyscrapers, town, and a pirate cove with a fleet of class LEGO pirate vessels. The large rail yard features a number of trains that have appeared in RAILBRICKS. The center piece of the layout is the club’s largest bridge ever, a 15 foot (4.6 m), 576 stud long suspension bridge with twin decks and 4 tracks. The LEGO “cables” (2x2 black cylinders) conceal actual steel cable rated to 230 pounds held under tension by a ratcheting hold-down stretched under the tables. With 4 full trains centered on the bridge the center sags less than 0.25 inch.

The show opened on Tuesday November 25 and will run through Saturday January 17. The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 to 16:00 and Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 to 17:00. Admission is free for children under 15 and $6.00 for adults.

The San Diego Model Railroad museum is the premier model railroad museum in the country and features a number of large layouts in various gauges. It is located in the Casa de Balboa adjacent to the Fleet Space Theatre and the world famous San Diego Zoo.

Pictures are posted. For an interactive 3D view of the layout, check out the Microsoft Photosynth rendition and for a first person engineer’s eye view from the cab, check out the YouTube video.

-Ted Michon
SCLTC

Re: SCLTC winter show in progress
   The seventh annual Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) winter show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRRM) in Balboa Park in San Diego is now entering its final weeks.

--snip--

   Pictures are posted. For an interactive 3D view of the layout, check out the Microsoft Photosynth rendition and for a first person engineer’s eye view from the cab, check out the YouTube video.

-Ted Michon
SCLTC

No pictures of the extremely clever Cobalt plaza? There’s a couple of us trying to disect how you did parts of it.

Great layout. Yours has always been one of my favourites.

Tim

Re: SCLTC winter show in progress