 Announcements / 3776
3775  |  3777
Subject:
Brickworld Belville Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.belville, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 02:13:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

From the Brickworld wire:

Brickworld Announces a Belville (yes, you read that right-Belville) Contest. Rules are as follows:

1) The MOC can be whatever you like- build a castle, a service station, or any other building. Build a coach, a hovercraft, or any other comportage, or do a scene or tableau. Size limit is 48x48 baseplate.

2) Not all of the pieces have to be Belville, but uniquely Belville pieces must be an essential part of the MOC in both design and structure AND a majority of the pieces must be Belville pieces and/or Belville colors (ie white, pink, purple, various transparents and pastels). Also consider other decorated pieces. For example the decorated pieces from the Scorpion Palace coordinate well with the Belville “winter” colors.

3) We know this will disappoint some of you, but the MOC should be consistent in tone with Belville themes. That doesn’t mean there have to be horses or fairies in it, but it does mean nothing violent or kinky. Beyond that, originality is greatly encouraged.

4) Using minifigs instead of the “big figs” is strongly encouraged, but if your design requires the “big figs” that’s ok. Non-Belville minifigs will not count in your “piece percentage” of non-Belville pieces. Use as many as you like.

5) For official contest entries, no customization allowed (cutting, gluing, painting, etc- but who would do such a thing?) and no motorization allowed. However, we would love to include your customized or motorized Belville-type MOC in our display, so PLEASE DO bring it, but mark it “exhibit only”. Exhibit only MOCs may also be bigger than the 48x48 max for competition entries.

Scoff if you like, then have some fun giving it a try. We expect great things.

Any questions about this contest can be directed to Esther Walner, Belville Contest Coordinator at this address.

Share • Learn • Explore • Discover
www.brickworld.us