 Announcements / 3726
3725  |  3727
Subject:
Severe case of Spam congestion solved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:56:42 GMT

All,

I am terribly sorry to announce that it took me almost a week to resolve another
severe case of Spam congestion in the LUGNET mail system, resulting in a
significant amount of authentication emails not going out and incoming posts not
being processed correctly.

The backlog peak was somewhere around 20,000 messages waiting to be processed,
apparently 95% of them identified as spam.

I had to significantly increase the blacklist of servers that will for now be
banned from delivering mail to LUGNET. While I am certain that this blacklist
will not affect any one of you, I will closely monitor the logs for the next
couple of weeks just in case.

Thanks for your understanding and continued patience,

Jerry