 Announcements / 3399
3398  |  3400
Subject:
The Pirate Glossary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:31:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Ahoy!

Taking a cue from Larry, Tim, etc. and their Train Glossary, I decided to pull this together:

The Pirate (aka Age of Sail) Glossary

I’ve always been confused by the myriad different terms for ships and their parts. And as I was researching a few of them, I thought putting them together in one place, grouped as I have them, might serve well as a muse for those thinking of building in the Pirate theme.

One thing I did not include was a catagory for the spoken word and slang (e.g. “shiver me timbers”), though one of the source links listed does provide such.

Anyway, I hope you lubbers can make use of this list in one way or another...

Arrr...

-Hendo