 Announcements / 3358
  New homepage for LUGNET part 2

Hi all, References: (2 URLs) I'm pleased to announce a first draft for the new LUGNET homepage. Before visiting the site, please note the following: 1) The site is formatted using CSS. It means, the final page could look totally different than this (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !!

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) .. (...) Rene- I notice that if I have already visited a top 10 item that it's compacted and expands when I fly the mouse over it. This is more disconcerting than useful, at least at first. Time will tell. But its very nice to see something (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Hi Rene, First, great start! A redo of the home page, to make it much more relevant and timely, is very needed. I have some suggestions, I hope they are helpful. They're in no particular order. Banner with two colors blue - I like having (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

Rene, I agree with Kelly's remarks. Especially the darker blue space at the top is unneccesary. The Welcome in the center also takes up lots of space, and most visitors will be returnees, so I would put that perhaps in the top right-hand sidebar, (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

Thanks for all this hard work! The sentimentalist in me hates to see the front page change, but so many people seem to like the newer message board styles that a change is probably for the best. My two suggestions would be: * Putting the search (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Rene - First, thanks for your initiative. I'm very glad to see LUGNET moving forward. As for the new homepage: I really, really like the top stories section right in the middle of the page. I do agree with Ted, the expanding and contracting (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

Whoops, one more thing: put a link to the (URL) LUGNET RSS feed> on the homepage. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) No offense, but I think the classic (current) LUGNET homepage looks much better than the new one. Were people requesting a change? I always thought that the LUGNET homepage was perfect. David (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) I've plenty of experience with RSS and perl - what do you need? ;) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) The new home page looks good, and I can tell that a lot of hard work is going into the site upgrade. Although I think the original home page could be de-cluttered somewhat, it would be nice if the new page remained as faithful as possible to (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) The pages render great under Linux (Konqueror and Firefox) which is a first positive sign. Some critical notes : - The icons on the top are IMHO somewhat "childish" - Please put the white background back for the main content... nothing is (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Hi Rene. Great work! I think it is always good to give things a new look every so often. My only request is that what used to be "Index" - "Top View" be retained. I am always interested in everything that gets posted, not just some specific (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) i totally agree. it's not broke so don't fix it. the nice thing about the current home page is its simplicity. there is no need for bells and whisles. shop.lego.com found this out the hard way. learn from there mistakes and don't muck up the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Hi Rene, Nice improvement for Lugnet ! "Triple-A" accessibility, what a such target ! I like this new style, really refined. I'll not comment the style itself 'cause I'm not a really good designer, but for the technical part, some remarks : - (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Rene: Firstly, much thanks for all the hard work you're putting into LUGNET, and into working on modernizing the home page. Prior to becoming a full time "LEGO guy", I worked for 10 years in the internet industry doing what's often called "web (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Sorry, meant to say (bold) there, not (caps). :) Sean - - - - Sean Kenney sean@mocpages MOCpages Admin (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)