 Announcements / 3332
3331  |  3333
Subject:
BrickFest PDX '07 Public Announcment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:43:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi All,

The GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) in conjunction with AMH Productions (Christina Hitchcock) is proud to announce BrickFest PDX ’07 to be held March 30th – April 1st, 2007 at the Oregon Convention Center (OCC) in Portland, OR. We have had so many requests for this event that we felt compelled to go for it again! In the spirit of the positive feedback we have received we are thinking of this event sort of like a “reunion”; we feel that the family or class reunion best captures the hullabaloo of last time that we would like to extend to all AFOLs!

This 2007 event will be logistically very similar to the 2004 event. We have a room block again at the Red Lion (same rate as ’04!) across the street from the OCC. In addition to several classrooms for sessions at the OCC we have 30,000 sq ft of exhibit hall, so there is plenty of SPACE! And this time we are in Hall A, which is the hall closest to the doors adjacent to the Red Lion - so it’s an even shorter walk!

The event will be organized by Steve Barile, Kelly McKiernan, and Christina Hitchcock. The local Portland club, GPLR, will be the “hosting” club with all its members participating in staffing and organization. Of course more staff positions and volunteers will be needed from other AFOL clubs and orgs from around the world.

Event and hotel registration will be available in a few weeks, but we wanted to get the date and location set so that you can start making plans now. Keep your eyes open for more info at http://www.BrickFest.com and announcements on your favorite AFOL web sites.

Thanks!
Steve Barile
Kelly McKiernan
Christina Hitchcock