 Announcements / 3264
3263  |  3265
Subject:
New LEGO city at FAO Schwarz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:07:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everybody!

A few weeks ago, Dan Parker, Nathan Sawaya, and myself -- along with members from The LEGO Company -- unveiled a new LEGO display at FAO Schwarz in New York City.

The minifig-scale city of “Bricktropolis” is built on a 6-foot triangular table, with buildings that stretch up to 8 feet in the air. Below the city streets are glass windows that allow you to look underground and see everything from a subway train to Dino fossils. :) And there are buttons around the edge of the display that activate the subway and other animated items in the city.

Read more and see pictures

I rarely get to build with other folks, so this project was a real blast! The few photos I’ve got don’t do the model justice. There are a zillion little crazy street scenes that you just have to go look for. (Like Nathan’s angry chef... why is he running down the road waving a frying pan in the air? A block away there’s a thief running with a pizza...) :)

We had a lot of fun setting up the model over the course of two long days at FAO Schwarz. Kids got a kick out of seeing everything come together, and after everything was done, they got to come up to the model and push the big red buttons. :)

For those of you in the New York City area, feel free to check out the display! In addition to our city, some folks from The LEGO Company set up an animatronic display complete with cameras and flat-screen TVs... very cool!

Sean
- - - - -
Sean Kenney
LEGO Certified Professional