 Announcements / 3239
3238  |  3240
Subject:
BrickFest Bulletin: 200 and building! And calls for....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 03:15:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

200? Already?

BrickFest has passed the 200 registered attendee mark a little faster than I thought. While this is a great thing, it does mean I have to reevaluate things to make sure that things run smoothly. So I will encourage those who have registered but not paid to please send payment as soon as possible, as the first 400 paid attendees will be admitted to BrickFest. While it’s understandable to register to ‘get a place,’ as it were, it’s fairest to set attendee numbers on those who have paid. Those paying after reaching the attendee limit will have their payment returned. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Call for Presentations

Want to do a seminar on a LEGO-related subject you love, or a demo of a building style? The BrickFest staff is calling for presentations that relate to LEGO history, building or anything else you can think of! You can apply for a presentation time by going here. You must be a registered attendee to present.

Call for Brick Bazaar Vendors

If you are interested in selling bricks or sets, you can apply for a table on your account page - it’s $20 per table, and multiple tables can be reserved. You must have a Virginia Tax ID, which can be gotten here. You must be a registered attendee to be a vendor.

Call for BrickFest Sponsors

If you want to help out BrickFest, you can be a sponsor by providing items for giveaways and prizes or services. Sponsors will be listed on the BrickFest website, as well as the Event Program. Those who contribute a significant amount will be able to place an ad in BrickJournal. Interested? Drop me a line at admin at brickjournal dot com!

BrickFest Merchandise Wave 1 is Available

While you are at your account, you can check out the BrickFest 2006 T-shirts as well as the BrickParty T-shirts (BrickParty is the Public expo). Polos are also available, too! You can take a look at the shirts through your account page. More items will be coming too, so watch this space!

BrickFest 2006 is looking to be a great event, so don’t just sit there:-)!Mark your calendar to August 25 and mark your map to Tyson’s Corner!

Joe Meno
Event Coordinator
BrickFest 2006