 Announcements / 3212
3211  |  3213
Subject:
Lots of LEGO-words built for celebrity press event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:33:07 GMT

Hi, everybody!

I finsihed up another project a few weeks ago, and I’m finally around to posting about it now... The models I made weren’t very intricate or complex, but they were fun to build nonetheless.

On April 6, TLG held a press conference in New York City where six celebrity panelists spoke about why LEGO was important to them as a child, and why it is important to their children.

I built 7 two-foot LEGO letters, spelling out the word “IMAGINE” using over 20,000 bricks. I also made miniature 2-inch tall versions of the word, and name plates for the six panelists: Matthew Broderick, Eileen Fisher, Mary Goulet, Heather Reider, Mitch Resnick, and Meri Cummings.

For the smaller letters on the nameplates and “mini IMAGINEs”, I actually built the models sideways (studs facing horizontally.) Since roman characters are generally defined by vertical lines rather than horizontal ones, turning LEGO bricks sideways means you can use the thin LEGO plates to create more detail than you could with upright LEGO bricks.

Anywho, you can read more about it on MOCpages... http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/17075

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney