 Announcements / 3141
3140  |  3142
Subject:
TLG Board of Directors gives praise to BrickJournal Issue #3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:03:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

We just got word from The LEGO Group that Kjeld, Tormod, and JVK have all given
praise to Joe and his staff for the work on BrickJournal issue 3. A few of us
have received emails directly from some of them with congratulations. The issue
has even been brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.

I want to bring this up for a couple of reasons:

1) It's nice to see that TLG is keeping up with the community and has a vested
interest in our success, and they are willing to take the time to provide
feedback

2) <and more importantly> We all owe Joe Meno AND EVERY CONTRIBUTOR a big
rousing round of applause. When he first brought to my attention his desire to
do a magazine, I figured Joe had no idea what he was getting himself into (and I
was right). But he persisted, and has spent countless hours working on what can
only be described as a passionate and professional looking labor of love. The
staff pings people all the time to get ideas, and articles, and pictures.
Everyone is very willing to help, and are excited to be a part of this, and then
Joe takes this huge glob of stuff we throw at him and turns it into something
beautiful, despite the lost sleep, the countless revisions, and the bottles of
Advil consumed.

The work has created a conduit to help immortalize some of the great stuff
everyone is doing. For example:
* Scott Warfield showing the courage it takes to tackle a life changing injury
and become all the better for it
* Keith Johnson leading a Space Shuttle Astronaut walk while building with LEGO
* Festivals from all over the world being covered, as well as articles being
translated into multiple languages.
* The CEO of TLG taking time to answer questions about his life and involvement
in the company and community.
* photos, instructions, MOCs, photos, instructions, MOCs... oh, and more photos
* more articles, ideas, and interviews than you can shake a stick at.

For those that remember the failed attempt to publish Bricks magazine, and the
bad blood it left in the community, this is a huge hurdle, and I for one am
extremely proud to be a part of it, and the community.

So big thanks to Joe and his staffers (Jim, Todd, and Ashley)
Leg Godt

P.S.  FWIW, the best is yet to come. Issues 4 and 5 are both well underway and
will actually have a few more surprises (if you can believe that).
:-)