 Announcements / 2988
2987  |  2989
Subject:
SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:06:44 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

SCLTC has claimed a world record for the largest United States flag ever made of LEGO bricks. Built by visitors to the 2005 Orange County Fair during the weekend of July 15 through 17 under the direction of SCLTC, the flag contains the 127,624 LEGO elements reinforced by 40 feet of 3/4 diameter galvanized steel pipe. According to officials at The LEGO Company, this is the largest United States flag ever built of LEGO bricks. The flag measures over 12 feet in length and 6 feet in height, and conforms to the dimensions specified by the United States Flag Code. The flag will be on display through the close of the fair on July 31.

Photos from Day 1 and Day 2 are posted and photos of the completed work will appear shortly.

-Ted Michon
SCLTC