 Announcements / 2841
2840  |  2842
Subject:
COLTC display at GATS in Columbus, Ohio Show Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:18:40 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) recently completed our 2nd Home Town Great American Train Show (GATS). This event was our second largest show to date, with 32 full size tables (3x6 10” baseplates).

There were many exciting moments, most were mad dashes to save a train, tree or fish from certain destruction. However, we very much enjoyed the show. We decided to display without the plexiglass “sneeze/grab guard” that we have often used; instead we opted to simply keep watch. This was probably a mistake, and much of our time was spent watching, warning and fixing trains, instead of interacting with the many curious visitors.

On the other hand, many of the younger / shorter visitors were able to get an up-close view. This was one of the more exciting elements, as many of these children were too short to see the model railroads that are typically two to three feet higher up. Instead they could watch the train ride just past them, just a couple inches away.

Many of the Columbus skyscrapers were present:

Benn and John Bucy brought some very nice custom train cars:

Mike G. built the framework for a raised section: (buildings added by other members)

Paul J. (who was not able to attend) provided a new Greenhouse:

And everyone pitched in to complete the club logo mosaic: (design and concept by Mike G.)

In the end it was a good show. Many new and interesting things to see. Check the show listing on the http://coltc.org web site for links to the photo galleries.

Display Dates:

Feb. 12 - Feb. 13, 2005

Location: