 Announcements / 2621
2620  |  2622
Subject:
The Brick Testament:The Story of Christmas -- coming this Fall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:08:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Putting to rest a week’s worth of wild speculation, I am pleased to confirm that the rumors are true--the second Brick Testament book will be... a Christmas book!

The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas will feature forty-six never-before-seen full-page color illustrations depicting the famous Bible story of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

The book will present an all-new and expanded version of the “Jesus Is Born” story from The Gospels section of the Brick Testament website.

I have yet to get my hands on an advance copy of the book, but from the proofs I have been sent, it looks really great. The new illustrations take up entire pages, and look quite nice, if I do say so myself.

The book will be carried by all major and most independent booksellers, and has been getting a very positive reaction from those who have seen it. Online retailers are now starting to list it for pre-order, including Amazon, Walmart, Powell’s Books, and Booksamillion. Amazon and Walmart are listing a December 2004 release date, but Powell’s Books lists it as being available as early as 16 September. I am guessing it will start appearing in stores in late September and October.

I will post more info when I get my hands on a copy!

Happy Christmas in July!

-Brendan Powell Smith