 Announcements / 2587
2586  |  2588
Subject:
Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:50:20 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,
In February I attended Toy Fair for my site billsbricks.com and had a chance to
enter a guess the brick contest on a giant Knight's Kingdom Jayko sculptre at
the LEGO pavilion in the Javit's Center. It was ouside of the booth. I did some
math and came up with an answer. 2 months later I get a call from my LEGO sales
rep and she says I won the contest within 50 bricks. As a prize I got to have
the sculpture come to our store for a month during the summer.

Well, the prize is here and it looks great. You can see this great scuplture at
Starbase in Ohio. Call 895-7827 for details. I also have pictures up at my
brickshelf site at

There are pictures of our LEGO display at the store as well as the crate the
sculpture came in. Unloading it and how it looks in the store. Someday I will
tell you how we got it in!

It will be on display from June 11-July 11 2004. We are having weekly events
going on to celebrate. Below is a list of them.

LEGO Knight's Kingdom Week
Tuesday, June 15 - Unveiling Party! 10% off all LEGO products for one day only!
Wednesday, June 16 - Make-A-Shield Day! 10% off all LEGO Knight's Kingdom
products
Thursday, June 17 - Timed Knight building - Test your skills and build a knight
as fast as you can for a chance to win prizes!
Harry Potter Week
10% off all Harry Potter Merchandise this week only!
Tuesday, June 22 - Make a wand day!
Wednesday, June 23 - Harry Potter Costume Party! Come in costume and receive a
gift!
Thursday, June 24 - Make an owl day! We'll hang your owl up to help decorate our
store!
Star Wars Week
10% off all Star Wars Merchandise in the store!
Tuesday, June 29 - Bring in a LEGO space model and enter our contest!
Wednesday, June 30 - Star Wars Costume Party! Come in costume and receive a
gift!
Thursday, July 1 - Star Wars Trivia contest! Play to win prizes!
LEGO week!
Tuesday, July 6 - LEGO Builder's Club - Bring in your cool creation and enter a
contest!
Wednesday, July 7 - Build and Take event! You bring your imagination and we'll
give you the bricks to build a set and take home with you!
Thursday, July 8 - What can you build! Test your creativity in 15 minutes!
Saturday, July 10 – Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) will have a display set
up! Come in and check out what expert builders can make!

Don't forget to guess the number of bricks in the giant LEGO Jayko statue!
All activities are from 1:00 - 4:00 pm

I was so excited about it I just had to share it with everyone!
Bill Connick